Friday 23 March 2012

deathpeom


Not every cloud has a silver lining
Some are black to the bone
There isn't light at the end of every tunnel
It isn't darkest before the dawn

These aren't my words
This is my soul.

I wrote this for all my mornings and nights
I wrote this for all my mournings and knights
And I will recite this prayer
Every time I stand before an open grave

I wrote this for all the time
This is my soul.

I wrote this for the thick white fog
That is heavily wrapping Jerusalem
Like a Muslim cadaver
like a fresh mummy
I come from the city of ghosts
I wrote this for you, death
An attempt to satisfy your impatience
Here, have my soul.

I have mourned too many people
to believe in life
after death and this is a note
of gratitude from all the other orphans
I breath
Life is a burden that not all can carry
A gift that not all deserve.

6 comments:

  1. Ahmad, i've read this before and it truly touched my heart.. I loved the last part where you said "I have mourned too many people
    to believe in life
    after death and this is a note
    of gratitude from all the other orphans"

    Extremely humane and a powerful narration for many lost souls..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahmad, this is an amazing piece!!! especially the first part!! love it fucker :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Allah Allah ya Ahmad. In terms of writing and narrative, it's stunning, but from a deeper understanding and analysis, I have to say that I wish it was more optimistic, but I guess life can be both.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As always.. It's so deep with perfect word choices.

    Life is a burden that not all can carry
    A gift that not all deserve

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahmaaaaad I loved it since I first read it the other day.. even though it is sad but the poem is verrrry deep..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love every letter of this poem. Your closing 2 lines went straight to my heart.

    ReplyDelete