Friday 23 March 2012

Confessions of a Lonely Woman


I slept on the edges of single beds
Night after night
Leaving enough room for you
To hold me in my sleep
I longed for your body heat

And ached for the delicious sensation
Of your body weight on top of me
Holding me down
Protecting me from monsters under my bed

Your breath on my neck kept me up at night
And future memories of a bear hug
Haunted my day dreams and my waking hours

I drew images of affectionate intimacy
In the smoke of my cigarette
And pictured you a dark shadow around the corner
Hand on my door knob
Twisting my heart open

You were my last thought before sleep
The first in the morning
And all in between

I can write a book on you
Your every habit
And give aways
Your hoarse voice
And the way you say my name

But still I’m waiting for a coincidence
The moment we cross paths
The fireworks
Eyes meet..

6 comments:

  1. reeeem! God!!! this is soooo intimate and bold!!! wow!! love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emile dear, thank you! I'm glad you like it :)
      I was going for intimate rather than anything else. I hate how we look down upon our need for gestures of intimacy. We are used to connect physical connections with sexuality and forget that the simple intimate act of a hug can boast your emotional stability before anything else!

      Delete
  2. Bold it is! May you find true love. I simply enjoyed this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear.. I'm glad you enjoyed it, and Welcome to Poestine! I feel like I should be serving coffee or something! :)

      Delete
  3. Reem! I looooved it sooo much...very passionate and heartfelt :) <3

    ReplyDelete